Miss Hertfordshire

Miss Hertfordshire was amazing! I'll admit that I was actually terrified of competing, on the day my stomach was in knots and at one point I was nearly sick. There's no way I would change a single moment of the day though; I met some amazing new people with whom I am still in contact with, I had so much support from family, friends, my boyfriend, and all of the girls competing as well. I have never felt so welcomed into a competition before; there is a lot of stereotypes thrown towards people that compete in beauty pageants, but I did not see one of them in any of the girls that I met. Either the american's on the TV programmes are overly bitchy and sabotage each other for the camera's or we Brit's do it very differently to them.

Even though the competition started at 7pm we were asked to get there for 10am to rehearse, a long day of wearing heels and walking up and down a catwalk, I'll tell you that much. We had help from one of the previous winners; who showed us the choreography for the night, when to walk down the catwalk, when to pose and for how long to hold it for. 

On the night we each wore three different dresses, a little black dress, an evening gown, and an eco dress we each had to make out of recycled materials. My eco dress was made out of 2000 AD comics, of which I have hundreds; I'd rolled them up into cones and stapled them onto a waistband I had also made out of the comics, I had a shoulder piece made out of playing cards stapled into a fan, with a head piece made of chicken wire and red material made into the shape of a heart; my step mum was a star and made my high heels for me by getting a pair of heels, and decoupaging the same comics onto the heels. 

I may not have won any titles on the night, nor did I make it into the top 8 but I knew that it was unlikely that I would win anything in my first year of competing. I'll admit I did get a little upset and disheartened when my name wasn't called as part of the top eight. I was told though that I did place 11th and I scored a total of 73 points out of 120, which I am happy with because I scored more than half and the areas I could have scored more I know I didn't score as high because of my own faults. I could have raised more money towards the charity round; however none of this has stopped me from wanting to compete next year, if anything it's made me want to compete even more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of the First Term

Abyss

Stressed out