Future Prospects

For the past four years I have been floating around jumping from one thing to the next, without much thought to what it will do for me in the future. At this moment in time I am looking at my life, and I'm creating stepping stones for myself to progress back into the person I dreamt of becoming before I got ill. The prospect of re-enrolling in education is starting to become a reality; with the place I'm looking at also possibly helping me to study at University, something I have always had my mind set on, but it slowly became a fantasy as my illness progressed. Although the field in which I would like to study may have changed, the fact that I might actually have this opportunity back only makes me want to do it even more. 

As you may have already guessed I do have a passion for writing, I love being able to express myself through words; how a few simple sentences can create a scene or a new thought process for someone. Instead of pursuing a career in basketball either as a player or a coach, I am now looking at creative writing courses; I enjoy writing both fiction and non-fiction, because with either writing styles you can get lost in what is written on the page. As a child I loved reading books like Harry Potter for the fantasy, but I also read fiction books that were more realistic in the process of events, real life everyday events just with made up people. 

There are so many possibilities and windows that can open when you write, it's purely based on how far your imagination can stretch, creating endless possibilities. Writing gives me the chance to escape my worrying and well just weird reality that is my life; and create a whole new world that I can imagine myself in, it helps me to make my own little hideaway where I can be the person I've always wanted to be, with possibly the odd super power or two...

My next step now is to enrol and study to enhance my writing skills; looking at all the possibilities that are in front of me now gives me hope for the future, that I'm not always going to live and rely on my mum for everything. I'm starting to be able to see myself becoming independent and not constantly relying on others; even with my bizarre condition, if anything being ill has made me into a stronger person, it may even be the reason I explore more wacky and wonderful possibilities. I do know that without my illness I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in right now, but who's to say that if I hadn't gotten ill that I would have still pursued a career in basketball. I know there are a lot of people and experiences I have missed out on because of my illness, but I also know that I have met a lot of other people and experienced things I never thought I would have because I got ill. 

It may not have been how I saw my life panning out; but I wouldn't change a thing, I've grown and experienced so much that everything I have fought through, has made me into someone I am proud to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of the First Term

Abyss

In episode